I am no expert or a chef , but one thing I know for sure is that I love cooking , I get excited for trip to grocery stores, I like the freshness of fruits and vegetables , their color and crunch
I know it gets over whelming some times to cook different things and make everyone happy, but I know that this is one thing I can never run away from or get tired. As this is one of the recipe you can really do so much, like just simply making your own salad with your preffered veggies and fill it in the roll.
Last week has gone very busy, lots of cooking, my kids, clients, it’s never ending , this is one of the posts has been in my draft and finally getting time for posting it.
I simply love these summer rolls, for the fact that it’s is very easy and very quick, low fat, with fresh veggies, great crunch of textures, colorful yummy in my tummy! It’s easy to put together goes great for parties and I am sure your guests will love it too:)
Ahhhhh,,,,moving on to the recipe , it’s a great colorful appetizer done in few minutes , guilt free eating, can be vegetarian or non vegetarian …choices are endless…here’s what you need:)
- 1 box of rice paper
- Large container of warm water
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 celery sticks
- 1/2 Purple cabbage
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce
- Mint or basil leaves( handful)
- If you want to add shrimps or sauteed chicken ( your choicel)
- Peanut sauce ( for dip) I used store bought
- P.S you can use any of your favorite veggies that you like
- Thin long cuts for the vegetables
- Take Luke warm water , dip half of the rice paper for about 10 seconds and turn the other side down for another 10 seconds.
- Place it on your rolling board.
- First put the lettuce , then cucumber , celery, purple cabbage, mint or basil, avocado or shrimps or any meat you are using.
- Then you have to make a roll, so I call it tuck and fold for the right hold of the roll.
- So hold it nice and tight while rolling tuck all the veggies and keep rolling it untill it's all nice made in a roll.
- Here you have your roll , now cut it into halves.
- Serve it fresh with peanut sauce.
Suggestion: you can also use boiled egg, grilled or sauteed vegetable, vermicelli or rice noodles,shrimps, sauted chicken as I said ideas are endless for this recipe
It’s a nice fresh summery rolls , reminds me of patio lunches outside, iced teas, dresses, flip flops, long days walks in the evening ,,,cannot wait for summers…:)
Enjoy and get all the praises for the easy quick yet one of the best served low fat appetizer:)
Tip: It’s best served fresh , you can make it 2 hours before and put some dampened paper towel on it and then put the cling wrap so it’s still fresh when the guests arrives. Otherwise rice paper do get hard and crispy not so fresh!