Rain or shine, hot or cold, this post doesn’t need any introduction loved by all the generations but kids cannot have enough of it. Pooris made to perfection, nice crisp and every single poori will be puffed and will stay puff:)
Why is this different? This is called a daal pitthi poori, made with yellow daal and spinach and spices healthier version of the old regular poori and have more nutrients , and more crisp, this you can serve with any sabzi, mostly it goes best with aloo masala but my hubby and kids likes this with karari bhindi ( crispy okra)
Why am I happy? Even if my kids want to eat it plain as I hear this a lot ( mamma can I please eat one plain poori with no sabzi) that’s why this poori is a winner as it can just be eaten like that as it is so flavorful with all the hidden ingredients
Recently I made this for my cook group party, oh boy! They were all gone and was a big hit and being a punjabi it was always a big hit in my household while growing up. I still remember the fights with my brother and sister for the last poori,,,but being the youngest one I was always the winner;)
- 2 cups aata (I used wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 cup yellow daal( also known as washed moong) soaked overnight
- Handful of spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi ( crushed in between palms)
- 1 tbsp ajwain ( crushed In between palms)
- 1 tbsp corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Soak yellow daal overnight
- Grind yellow daal in blender untill it becomes paste like this.
- You can blend yellow daal and spinach together.
- Mix all the ingridients together and make dough...use as little water or flour if needed to make dough . This has to be a hard dough not soft as rotis and add luke warm water while making the dough.
- Put the dough aside for 20 minutes and kneed again for 1 minute before making the puris.
- Make small balls of the dough and roll out some puris on the rolling board.
- Turn the pan on medium high heat
- Add puri to oil let it cook with the help of your spatualla and turn the side over and cook the other side and here you have nice puffed flavorful puris:)
You can add your personal touch with your liking of spices and daal….you can also make it with channa daal or green moong
Enjoy it with your favorite Sabzi or just eat plain with your favorite Pickle and tea:)