This is one and only famous recipe among vegetarian & non-vegetarian. I like to call it paneer tikka with a tadka and reason being this recipe does have a tadka from mustard oil. Its one of the best paneer recipe that can be served as starter on as an accompaniment. I like the fact that this recipe comes out really colorful. The flavor would just let your guest be speechless! I wholeheartedly can call this recipe worth mouth drooling!
We had a great party last Diwali and this is what i served for starters. It feels great when people tell me “Oh! you are a rasoi queen now” or “aaree wah chef preeti” but let me tell you it feels good to be a food blogger all thanks to your feedback!
Tip: To make a paneer tikka kathi rolls. Just take roti (wheat tortilla) spread green chutney on the roti and fill it up with the panner tikka for a complete dinner
- Wooden skewers (soak in water for 30 mins)
- 1 brick paneer (400 grams)
- 2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cub red onion
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt and red chili powder to taste
- 1/2 lemon squeezed
- Cut paneer in cubes
- Take 2 cups of yogurt and whisk it. Add ginger, garlic, salt, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder and lemon juice.
- Take 1/2 cup of mustard oil, heat it up in small pan, put turmeric powder in it, then put this (tadka) into the yogurt paste.
- Add paneer cubes . Leave this marination aside for 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut green bell pepper, red bell pepper and onions in cubes.
- On the wooden skewers, put paneer first then pepper followed by onion (repeat until skewer is fully loaded)
- Take a pan or griddle put 1 tbsp oil in the pan on the medium heat. Then add the skewer with paneer to it. Keep turning until cooked.
- The whole process will take 3 minutes
Best served with green chutney and some sauteed salad.
This was a great party hit appetizer , full of flavors. Your guest can never get bored with this. Looks so colorful and tastes wonderful!