I am surprised,I know its tough but i love to make an effort to write about how i actually feel about the recipe what goes in my mind before making it to the perfection to get that right amount of flavor desired look and taste! But believe it or not I find it is so much fun and that’s how I feel connected to all of you by portraying the right image from my mind on to a plate. I go to a complete journey in my mind before making a dish and calling it a recipe
What do we need in a Colorado weather, A perfect Sunday morning. Hot panini and hot ginger tea. Eating healthy doesn’t means tasteless (Knowingly that i am not a huge paneer (cottage cheese ) fan. But this panini is worth trying. This is a great put together recipe of cottage cheese and salad altogether pressed to perfection for a hot panini.
I feel good about the fact that if I have a craving or want to eat something really bad. I would just make it. Doesn’t matter if its 12:00 noon or 12:oo midnight!
Why paneer? As this is mostly enjoyed by both vegetarian and non-vegetarian this is a great toasted sandwich, which could be a nice breakfast lunch or dinner. Great for kids too as it is filled with protein and calcium.
- 200 grams cottage cheese (paneer) - crumbled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 green chili (optional)
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp mint chutney
- 6 slice of bread (I used 12 grain bread)
- Cut the onion, cucumber, cilantro and tomatoes
- Crumble the cheese and add jeera, onion, cilantro, green chili and salt paper (to taste)
- Take 2 slices of bread and lay that on a clean surface. Spread green chutney (mint sauce) on each slice (1 tsp to each slice)
- put crumbled cheese mixture on it. Then add sliced tomato and cucumber.
- Top it up with another slice.
- Heat up your pan, I used the lodge iron pan for the right look of this recipe. You can also use griddle or sandwich maker.
- Put it on medium low and add 1 tsp butter to it and place your sandwich. I would put a heavy pan on top of the bread so that it can create the right amount of lines or the desired panini look. I would let it cook for 2-3 minutes and turn gently.
- Repeat this process for other side.
- Cut into diagonally.
Serve hot Paneer Panini with ketchup or your favorite sauce or chutney:)